Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a new tier of gems for high level players

It has been 20 years since the destruction of the Worldstone, and Deckard Cain believes the remaining Lords of Diablo 3 Items Hell Azmodan and Belial are plotting to bring about the end of days. A star has fallen on the Tristram cathedral, the former resting place of Diablo. Whisperings among mystics of something called the Black Soulstone are beginning to circulate. Perhaps most disturbing of all, with Tyrael gone, the forces of Heaven may judge Sanctuary too dangerous to continue existing. It seems it will fall again to a group of mortal heroes to decide the fates of Heaven and Hell. tl;dr: The bad guys are coming to kill us all. Best be prepared. This morning Owen and I cracked open the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition that'll soon be winging its way to fans in advance of the game's release on Tuesday. This super special version of Diablo includes the soundtrack, making-of DVD and an art book as well as exclusive in-game bonus items and Battle.net goodies. There's also a USB Soulstone - not the most secure Soulstone that Owen has ever felt, apparently - that contains a full version of Diablo 2 plus the Lord of Destruction expansion. In the video I mistakenly say that it includes the first Diablo game as well, but this isn't the case. Check out the full unboxing below. The Collector's Edition is now totally sold out, so the only way to get your hands on one will be to attend one of the launch events happening around the world on Monday night. If you're in the UK, this will be at HMV Oxford Street in London from 10pm. Need something to read during the long wait? Check out our in-depth guide to Diablo's lore . I wonder how many people there are still playing Diablo 3. And I wonder how many people there are who haven't played it for ages, but fancy getting back into it. As persuading factors go, the ability to drop a meteor on your co-op partners' heads might just tip some over the edge. Player vs. player dueling will be added in patch 1.0.7, detailed in a new post on the Diablo 3 site . The patch is due to hit the Public Test Realm shortly. It'll add a dueling arena called the Scorched Chapel, a new tier of gems for high level players, ability balances for the Monk and the Wizard, and a few "quality of life" changes, including the removal of incrementally increasing respawn timers in non-hardcore play. Woohoo. The Scorched Chapel will be accessible via Nek The Brawler in the New Tristram Bar. The Chapel has four areas: "the church, the graveyard, the river, and the lake." Up to four players can participate in free-for-all brawls. As previously mentioned, team deathmatch has been shelved . Blizzard say "our intent is to provide players a safe, opt-in location where they can fight one another for D3 power leveling bragging rights or maybe science without the potential for griefing as it existed in Diablo II."